My Apple iPhone 6 display is broken, How much it will cost to replace the display in authorized apple service center, or how much it will cost to replace it by myself.
How Much Does Apple Charge For iPhone 6 Screen Replacement In India
Apple Charge’s Around 12000 Rupees For Just Screen Replacement In India,
How Much Does It Cost To Replace My iPhone 6 Screen By Myself And How Much Time Does It Take
If you wish to replace your apple iphone 6 display by your self it will cost around 1500 (one thousand five hundred) Rupees To 2000 Rupees, You can buy a good quality iphone 6 screen from here fixbhi.com
iPhone 6 Screen Replacement Guide Step By Step
Step 1: Removing Bottom Screws And The Front Display Panel
Start by powering off your iPhone. Working on your iPhone while it’s powered on can cause an electrical discharge and damage components of the phone.
- Start off by using your Pentalobe screwdriver to remove the two screws on the bottom of the phone next to the Lightning connector.
- Use the suction cup to lift the screen.
- Firmly secure the suction cup to the screen, while holding the iPhone down with one hand, use your other hand to pull up on the suction cup with firm and constant force until the screen opens.
- You can also use the suction cup to create enough space in-between the screen and the bezel so that you can insert your plastic spudger and gently pry up on the screen to fully open the phone.
- Use one hand to hold the iPhone screen open.
- Remove the five #00 Phillips screws that secure the display cable connector shield and set them aside:
- Three 1.2 mm screws
- One 1.7 mm screw
- One 3.1 mm screw
- Do not mix these screws up. They are different sizes and may not fit properly if you misplace them in the screw hole during reassembly. I find that placing the screws on your workstation in the orientation they were removed next to the component they secured helps with reassembly.
In the next few steps, be careful while removing the cables to only pry up on the cable connectors, and not the sockets on the logic board.
- Use the flat end of your spduger to disconnect the home button cable connector by gently prying it up.
- Use the flat end of your spudger to gently disconnect the digitizer cable connector.
- Remove the screen assembly from the rear case.
Step 8: Dissembling the Display Panel
- Use your #00 Phillips screwdriver to remove the three screws securing the earpiece speaker/front-facing camera bracket:
- One 2.3 mm screw
- One 3.0 mm screw
- One 2.2 mm screw
- Remove the earpiece speaker bracket.
- Lift the front facing camera out of its’s plastic bracket on the front panel.
- Hold the front facing camera out of the way and remove the earpiece speaker. Be careful not to touch the contacts, the oil from your skin can degrade the connection.
- Use your spudger to lift up on the right side of the front facing camera and sensor cable to reveal the microphone. do not fully remove the cable yet as the microphone still connects it to the display panel.
- Carefully pry the microphone end of the sensor cable off the adhesive holding it to the front panel.
- Fully remove the front-facing camera sensor cable from the assembly.
- Remove the seven screws securing the LCD shield plate to the front panel, set them aside:
- One 1.7 mm screw
- Six 1.6 mm screw (three on each side)
- Remove the two 1.9 mm screws from the home button bracket, set them aside
- Remove the home button bracket and set it aside.
- Use the end of your spudger to carefully pry loose the home button connector cable. Push the connector up and away from the home button to disconnect it.
- Use the flat end of your spudger to gently lift up on home button cable, separating it from the display panel. Work slowly, the home button on the iPhone 6 cannot be replaced with full function. If damage, the Touch ID features of the iPhone may never function again.
- Once the cable is free of its adhesive, use your finger to push the home button out of its home from the front of the display and remove it, set it aside.
- Again use the flat end of your spudger to gently pry loose the shield plate nectar cable. Work slowly, this cable is very thin.
- Remove the shield plate from the front display, set it aside.
Step 16: Reassembly
- Remove the protective plastic film from the back of your new iPhone 6 front panel display.
- Remove and protective film covering near the earpiece mesh also.
- With one hand hold the LCD display cable in place like in the above picture and place the LCD shield on top.
- Set the home button in its hole on the display panel and connect it to the display shield cable.
- Replace the seven screws that you removed from the field plate earlier.
- Set the home button bracket in place one the home button and replace the two screws that secure it.
- Set the microphone cable on the display panel. There is a small protrusion on the display panel that fits in a hole in the microphone cable to indicate that it’s aligned.
- Fit the proximity sensor part of the cable into its recess on the front panel.
- Hold the front facing camera out of the way and fit the earpiece speaker into place.
- Now fit the front camera into place in its bracket on the display.
- Put the front-facing camera/earpiece speaker bracket in place.
- Replace the three screws that your removed earlier from the bracket.
- Make sure that the front- facing camera cable is between the first two display cables so that the cables line up properly when you go to connect them.
- One by one, connect all four cables to their socket. Use your finger to gently push the connectors into place.
- Set the connector shield in place and replace the five screws that held it in place.
Step 26: Closing the IPhone
- Begin closing the iPhone by first fitting the lip of the top of the front panel display into the groove in the rear case.
- Start to close the front display, press firmly on both sides of the display along the edges so that it goes in.
- The display should go in fairly easily. If it doesn’t, remove the display and attempt to realign it making sure that the lip on the top of the display fits in the groove on the back case.
- Replace the two Pentalobe screws on the bottom of the iPhone next to the lightning port.
- Pull the film off the front of the display.
- Turn the iPhone on and test that it functions properly. If for the iPhone doesn’t initially turn on, try hard reseting the phone by holding the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo.